You can find my stories at my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account. There're also my Twitter and my newTumbl blog, and my group.

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Repent




I loved this image:  the troglodyte in front, with the sandwich board, and the two guys enthusiastically kissing, obviously doing it to vex the trog.  And look at all the people who are consigned to the outer darkness! (Obama voters?)

You know, I have (I believe) a clear sense of what is wrong or immoral.  And I NEVER felt that being gay, loving men, having sex with men, the whole business of gayness was wrong or immoral.  In fact, my first time felt exactly right.  Like coming home.  Magic.

And I don't give a rat's clacker what the Christian-Fascists think.  I know being gay is morally right.  You can argue about whether casual sex and the cum-and-go culture is quite so sound, but when you denigrate people, when you crush them with homophobia, when you say they're an "intrinsic evil" as the Pope does, then you must expect them to have a certain lack of self respect.   This is the official Catholic view:

Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that 'homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered.' They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.
 Tosh!  Rubbish!  Piffle!  And that's me being polite!

The troglodyte is wrong.  Plainly and clearly and unanswerably wrong.   But he's supported by the "Christian" churches.  "They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity"  Good grief!  What a load of cobblers!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nigel,
    I just stumbled upon this fantastic picture.
    While I totally agree with your opinion, I believe your text shouldn't have been necessary at all. Obama voters? Liberals? Democrats? ...I spent almost 5 minutes laughing my backside off.
    Thank you so very much for posting this pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, we continue to need to make the point. The trogs are still in power, still quote "scripture" at one, still believe they are utterly, totally right. The supreme irony, of course, is that when they disagree with each other then it's the other guy who's going to hell, not themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...