You can find my stories at my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account. There're also my Twitter and my newTumbl blog, and my group.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Brokeback Mountain

This film changed the public's perceptions of gay love.  The fuss and blather the Christian-Fascists made just encouraged everybody to see it.  Ordinary people came away realising that "gay" isn't just effeminate men in feather boas, that straight-looking and straight-acting men could be gay too.  More than that ... that they could love.  It wasn't just sex.  It was love.  I've mentioned here before that though straight, Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger seemed as fond of each other off-screen as they acted on-screen.

It's been a few years since the film was released.  But it will stay in my mind forever.


Look at the love on Heath Ledger's face, and the contentment on Jake Gyllenhaal's.  Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...